Thoughts.. Rants.. Raves..

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2007

This Christmas

It’s all the same… the three, the lights, the decorations… Even the yuletide carols sung by the children are the same. The tune of a sad Christmas song filled my room… It’s ironic that I get to hear that song now. On this time of the year… it’s Christmas… Why be sad?

Then I remembered… I can’t be in glee with the whole world. How am I supposed to be happy when sadness fills my heart?

I stood up and opened the bottom drawer of my closet. There, I found the box containing my mementos and letters… lots of letter… I skimmed through them and a clover leaf fell. I picked it up and stared at it… it had withered.

Tears ran down my cheeks. They fell on the pile of letters… letters from him… with them is a beautifully crafted image of a phoenix, the legendary bird of fire… I kissed the phoenix as I reminisced on the day he gave that to me… on the 25th day of December.

It was almost a year ago but the scene is still vivid in my memory. This Christmas is different. I received nothing from him… he didn’t promise that he’d stay… like he used to do every Christmas…

This Christmas, he left…

reposted - originally created December 10 2004
I might not post or visit this site regularly.
I'm already done with my own site and have already posted my blogs there.

Please click on the banner above to visit my new site.

Thanks! :)

Eyeglasses

http://www.hieyeglasses.com

Designer Prescription Eyeglasses on all year round sale. Eyeglass Frames and Reading Glasses by Chanel, Emozioni & Oakley available with Free Shipping. Your One Stop Eyeglasses Store.